- Written By:
Remember the Choose Your Own Adventure novels?
Most of them were science fiction and fantasy. Some of them were mystery and thriller. A few were westerns or knight tales.
The basic concept was that you'd read until you got to a crucial plot twist, then you'd be given two options (sometimes more). The option page usually read something like this:
Dr. Demented has your pal Margie in his evil clutches!
Option 1: Grab your laser pistol and fire at Dr. Demented, turn to page 46.
Option 2: Negotiate with Dr. Demented for Margie's life, turn to page 52.
As a kid, I'd always opt for the more violent and impulsive option. (The books often rewarded those types of decisions.) So, off to page 46 I'd go! And…
"With a searing bolt of pure electricity, you reduce Dr. Demented to a smoldering pile of ashes. Margie is safe. You've saved the day!
This morning, it dawned on me that our panels are like Choose Your Own Adventure Novels.
Parasoleil provides the basics-a great product. But in terms of project design and application, so many decisions are up to you:
- While we do have 20 standard patterns, 80 percent of our work is custom.
- Panels come in six different materials: copper, aluminum, steel, composite, acrylic, and wood.
- We have several different options for finishes, including (but not limited to) antique gold, buffed stone, aged bronze, verdigris, and raw steel.
- Panel thickness can range from 1/16" to ¼".
- Panel sizes come in 3x8, 4x8, and 4x10. (But within these sizes, we can cut to specific dimensions.)
- Applications are only limited by your imagination: our panels can be used for railing. For shade. To define spaces. You name it!
And here's the best part. Our staff really works with you to maximize your options. They know what works well and can give you excellent feedback for implementing your best, most creative ideas.
But again: your project is your adventure. YOU make the most important decisions. We're just here to provide a great product and facilitate your vision. So, we encourage you to sign up as a professional or contact our design team.
And rest assured: you're never going to end up reading something like this from us:
SORRY, BAD DECISION!
You weren't quick enough on the draw and Dr. Demented blasted you to pieces. Welcome to the afterlife.
By Vaughn Kohler
- Written By: